IPL 2021: Eat.fit expanding presence through interactive campaign

April 27, 2021 | By : Devaanshi Singh
big_news

Healthy food brand Eat.fit is using IPL 2021 to reach out to the younger audience which is the target audience for the firm. The food brand is using the current cricket tournament to realise its profitability goals that are reportedly pegged until the end of 2022. To achieve this target, Eat.fit had announced Royal Challengers Bangalore’s star batsman Devdutt Padikkal as brand ambassador for four years in March.

The brand is now running a highly successful campaign for the duration of IPL 2021 to engage its users. As per Exchange4Media, Eat.fit uses about five percent of the revenue, which is close to Rs 4 crores for cricketing campaigns. While talking to Exchange4Media,  Ankit Nagori, Eat.fit founder spoke about the strategy of leveraging IPL 2021 to the brand’s benifit.

 “We have realised that cricket and ordering-in have a strong connection and we wanted to leverage that”

While elaborating this comment, he explained that currently for the campaign about 60 percent of their budgets go towards video-led communication on Hotstar, YouTube, and Instagram, while the other 40 percent is being spent on out-of-home advertising and print, primarily in Bengaluru.

The campaign is composed of small video snippets around Padikkal, health tips from the brand’s in-house experts, gamification contests that let the fans win special gift hampers, and a nice dollop of quizzes, and interactive posts. The content for the same has been curated by the in-house team in collaboration with their agency Purple Mango.

Nagori also highlighted that the digital-first campaign has been garnering a great response on their social media platforms. As per reports around five lakh people have seen the ads and the firm is looking forward to about 500,000 impressions on their social media content. More than 10K people have landed on the brand’s special website cricket.eatfit.in. Nagori is expecting the numbers to double by next month. He added that the campaign initially resulted in a 30-35 percent increase in order volumes from the platform, but also contributed to the cause is the lockdown situation in many states has settled at around 25 percent jump.

The Eat.fit founder concluded that the situation has resulted in a 5-10 percent drop in orders because of the lockdown in several states. End-to-end procurement is a big challenge right now, as the food is made in-house. But largely there is no massive dip in operations because the firm lies under the essential category.



EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER

Get the latest news and insights straight to your inbox.