The Indian sportswear company, Omtex Sports, has penned down new sponsorship deals with Bengal Warriors and Telugu Titans. In this development, Omtex Sports has acquired the rights to be the apparel partner of both teams for the ongoing season of the Pro Kabaddi League (PKL).
SportsMint Media reached out to Jugal Patel, Director at Omtex Sports, who unveiled that the company intends to promote different sports by providing apparel to the niche market. Patel also revealed a few more intriguing insights into Omtex Sports’ partnership with the two PKL teams.
1. What was the thought process behind associating with Bengal Warriors and Telugu Titans?
Omtex Sports is widely famous for cricket apparel. With these two signings, we aim to enter into a new segment of sports and help teams to get better quality apparel. We also have our distribution channel where we intend to promote different sports by providing apparel to the niche market. We intend to support teams with better tech apparel so that they feel more comfortable while playing.
2. What complications did you face while striking a deal with the two Pro Kabaddi League teams?
We did not face any kind of huddles while striking these two deals. Both teams were also very proud of onboarding us as apparel partners.
3. Was there any specific reason for signing a partnership with Bengal Warriors and Telugu Titans?
There were two reasons behind sponsoring these two teams. The first reason was to explore new territories and the second reason was to enhance the awareness of the brand.
4. In Omtex Sports’ sponsorship venture, does associating with an IPL team come next in line?
In the recently conducted season of the Indian Premier League, we did make apparel for the brand-new franchise, Lucknow Super Giants (LSG). And we do have plans to extend our wings in the IPL.
5. Omtex Sports also has a partnership with the CPL team, St Kitts & Nevis Patriots, how different is the approach while associating with a foreign domestic competition team?
Approaching a Caribbean Premier League team like St Kitts & Nevis Patriots was a different exercise as CPL teams look for a partner who can provide shipment on time with better quality.
6. Before PKL, Omtex Sports also had partnerships in Ultimate Kho Kho, how different was the process and experience of partnering with two different sports competitions?
After collaborating with two different sports, I would say there are multiple similarities between both regarding their requirements as both games are touch games. Penning down an association with a kho-kho team was equally fruitful as every other partnership.